This is another great and easy tofu dish (I illuminated why I ❤ tofu a couple of weeks ago). Just remember to press it before you cook it! One other reason I love tofu–it’s dirt cheap. One pound of this soy product is $1.99!
This was the first time I made this dish; I happened to have some fresh fairytale eggplant (an heirloom variety) from the farmer’s market and wanted to try something new with it.
Here are six reasons I loved Sriracha Tofu with Eggplant, Peppers, & Basil:
1. It’s spicy. Sriracha is a delicious hot sauce that I love to put on almost anything: broccoli, eggs, scallion pancakes, you name it.
2. It’s creamy. Eggplant has a wonderful ability to really make things deliciously creamy, and this comes through in this dish.
3. It’s garlicky. The original recipe says to take the garlic out and discard, but I held onto the garlic, sliced it, and threw it back in at the end.
4. It’s filling. I ate this a couple of nights ago as a late-night dinner, so I opted to not make a side both for time’s sake and my digestion’s.
5. Your heart will be happy. No cholesterol and lots of soy, which can help lower cholesterol!
6. It’s a stir-fry. You could opt to serve with some rice or perhaps this Sautéed Baby Bok Choy.