No cooking. Ready in less than 10 minutes. 5 minutes if you’re focused. This is an easy weeknight dinner – perfect for when you’re exhausted but need/want to eat real food instead of a bag of potato chips and beef jerky.
You could really throw in any green vegetable with the beans and/or spice it up with a few red pepper flakes, garlic, and a thinly sliced shallot.
Cannellini, Zucchini, & Pea Salad
- 2, 15oz cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 8 oz frozen peas
- 10-12 basil leaves, rolled up like a cigar and thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- handful of parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Place the frozen peas in a bowl of very hot water (from the tap) for a couple of minutes so they thaw quickly. Drain, cover with hot water once more, and then drain a final time.
2. Combine the beans, peas, zucchini, herbs, lemon zest, lemon juice and a couple glugs of olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding a little more olive oil, lemon, salt, or pepper to your preference.