This little (easy as pie) salad is basically guac with some fun add-ins (and sans tomatoes – though you could definitely throw some in!). I ate this as a meal, but it could be a side for Taco Tuesday or even a chunky dip served with tortilla chips.
I didn’t pull out the grill just for grilling corn, either…I just threw some corn on the grill a couple days before when I grilled some chicken and veggies for dinner. After grilling, I wrapped it up and stuck it in the fridge.
The no-stove summer continues! Enjoy!
Grilled Corn, Black Bean, & Avocado Salad
- 1, 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, seed removed and diced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 ears of grilled corn, cut off the cob
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- zest of 1 lime + juice of 2 limes
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt + pepper
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large salad bowl. Toss to combine. Season to taste.